See below for the quiz questions for the “Playing the Course As You Find It” edition of the Short Course on the Rules. If you would like these questions in PDF form, they are available in the Materials tab above.
THE FRONT NINE
0 of 9 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 9 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
|Table is loading|
|No data available|
H5P content points:
2) Which one of the following does not result in you getting a penalty when doing so improves the conditions affecting the stroke?
3) You may take reasonable actions to mark the spot of your ball even if doing so improves the conditions affecting the stroke.
2) You slice your tee shot into the trees and in trying to play back out to the fairway, your second shot hits a tree, bounces back and hits your body after being unable to move out of the way. The ball comes to rest in the rough. What is the ruling?
5) Before playing an approach shot over a greenside bunker to a tucked hole location, you walk 30 yards from your ball and into a greenside bunker to assess your line of play. While you are returning to your ball, your caddie rakes your footprints. What is the ruling?
6) In Four-Ball stroke play, you take an action in relation to your partner’s ball that improves your partner’s conditions affecting the stroke. The action taken does not improve your conditions. What is the ruling?
7) Which one of the following statements is false?
8) You intend to take relief for a ball that lies in ground under repair on a slope. Before taking relief, you break off a branch from a bush that is located a few yards from the relief area and down the slope because you are concerned your ball might roll down the hill after taking relief. Which one of the following is true?
9) After your ball came to rest in the general area near a bunker, your conditions affecting the stroke are worsened by a dog that ran through the bunker and kicked up some sand. Which one of the following is false?